The website of EBIF Germany results from the event of the DBIM German Backgammon Internet Championship 2013 by Peter Haßelberg and with the support of Volker Sonnabend, Hardy Hübener and Stephan Gumpert.
The positive feedback from the backgammon scene and the numerous suggestions and suggestions have led to the fact that the website has developed continuously and since 2014 with individual adaptations also for the Internet presence of the WBIF World Backgammon Internet Federation is made available.
EBIF Germany is led by Peter Haßelberg and supported by a committee. Members of the committee are (in alphabetical order):
- Dankwart Plattner
- Markus Klein
- Philipp Heyng
- Volker Sonnabend
The committee advises the management e.g. on the design of the tournaments, the external image, participation in third-party events and the nomination of German players for international online tournaments. The committee forms a Ruling Committee from among its members and decides on disputes in the function of a tournament supervisor.
Objectives and activities
As founding and former board member of the German Backgammon Association, the management pursues the goal of cultivating and promoting backgammon as a cultural asset and competitive sport with the following activities:
- Annual event of the German Backgammon Internet Championship (DBIM)
- Regular internet tournaments for all players and in different divisions
- Support for German organisers, in particular DBGV, in handling live and online tournaments
- Providing the website and technical support for the WBIF World Backgammon Internet Federation
To qualify for the World Team Championship, the Champions Cup and the World Cup of the WBIF is possible by participating in the tournaments of EBIF Germany.
Participation in the EBIF Deutschland Internet Tournaments is only possible with a free account at the GridGammon backgammon server. Information about GridGammon can be found on the website of the German Backgammon Association: GridGammon.
Additionally a one-time free registration is necessary. The registration obliges the participants only to accept the registration of EBIF Germany, the consent to the storage and publication of the tournament data as well as to comply with the tender conditions and tournament rules: Registration.
WBIF World Backgammon Internet Federation
The World Backgammon Internet Federation (formerly EBIF European Backgammon Internet Federation) offers participating nations to host national backgammon championships on the Internet via the WBIF website and on the basis of a common set of rules.
In addition to the national championships, WBIF, with the support of the participating countries, will host and organize the following tournaments:
- World Team Championship with teams of 5 qualified participants from each nation.
- Champions Cup with the 3 best places of the national championships
- World Cup with another three places in the national championships
- WBIF Tour, 3 open online qualifiers and a final live final
- WBIF Open, open online tournaments
WBIF is led by a committee of members of the participating nations.